Monday 9 April 2012

My favourite 5 autumn lipsticks

Hi pretty people!

I thought today I would share with you my top 5 favourite lipsticks for autumn! Yes, I know there are 6 in the photo but one I always wear with gloss, so I count them together!

Without flash
With flash


The first swatch and the front left lipstick is by David Jones and it is the colour Antique Musk from the Moisture Cream range. This is probably one of the darkest lipsticks you will catch me wearing as I am quite pale, but it is a pretty dusty plum colour and is the perfect shade for darker clothes (I normally wear with black) this autumn. I got this in a pack, but from memory this range is around $14.95. I will definately be wearing this colour right into winter. I find this formulation to be quite moisturising which is a bonus for the cooler months!

Second swatch and front middle in the top picture is the much lusted after Revlon Lip Butter. This particular shade is in 050 Berry Smoothie. Another colour perfect for autumn with a great formulation. It is so nice and creamy and I think I will use this little baby up VERY quickly! RRP $21.95

Next is a colour by CHI CHI called Centerfold. This lipstick is a muted, matte nude which is very pretty, but unfortunately quite drying on the lips. However I love this shade so much I will persist with it and use loads of lip balm underneath. I have quite pigmented lips so this is the perfect colour to mute out my lips to make them truely nude. RRP $18.95???

Fourth lipstick and top left in the top photo is a Mac lustre in the colour Lovelorn. This is a new purchase for me but I know I'll be wearing it year round as it is a super pretty medium pink. The formulation for this is great and this is not overly moisturising, but it is not at all drying. It is shiny without being too lipglossy. RRP $36

Lastly are the two I group together as I don't wear either along, but together this lipstick and gloss make a great glossy nude combo. The lipstick is by Maybelline in the colour 132 Nude Blush (I think this is discontinued and I purchased for $5), and the lip gloss is by Essence in the colour 01 Pure Nude. RRP $3.95.

So that's my favourites for this autumn, and tell me, what colours will you be wearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment